Web table data extraction

Hi,
I need help in extracting data from a web table. There is no direct activity in the automation studio so could someone let me know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Dear User,
Here are steps to configure values from table in web application using Automation Studio.

Step 1: Add “Application” activity, select target web application and click on gear icon as shown below-

Step 2: Click on start build configuration and follow steps shown in screen as shown below to configure column from target table to read values-

Step 3: Step to configure row index from property window to iterate over rows in the table to read all values for given column-
Step 4: Put this configured field in while loop and increment row index argument value till end of visible rows in the table

Thanks,
Sachin

3 Likes

Hi ,

I tried to extract data from web page using same process i was able to get all the data but at end i am getting web element not found FindBY:css3selector. unable to stop the iteration in while loop .what condition should i use to stop the control after extracting all the data ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi,

You can put a control exists interaction and check the value of same. If the value turns out to be false then you can exit the loop

Regards,n
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

We have successfully extracted the data but is there any way to export the data to excel without using data table concept?

Hi,

No for exporting to excel you will have to use data table concept

Regards,
Amit Anand

Thanks Amit for the reply.

Is there any automated approach to create the column definitions for the datatable?

I have a scenario where i have around 107 columns and i need to create the column definitions for them in order to extract the data from web and load it into an excel.

Hi,

You can create a excel with same column name and use Import Datatable activity

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

In case of dynamic date selector,how can we select the date .I need to pass the date value dynamically.In 17.5 it was working as it supports dynamic value.Is there any alternative method for dynamic value passing in 18.0 as 17.5.

Regards,
Pallavi