Web Element not found.FindBy :id , Locator : wob_tm , Item Index :0 , Item offset : 0 Get Text Fail

I created a process to check the weather on google of the cities mentioned in an excel sheet and update the output in the same excel sheet. i am using the google chrome browser. when i am test running it after setting up environment, the Get text action is failing and is throwing an error ‘Get Text - Google.wob_tm Web Element not found.FindBy :id , Locator : wob_tm , Item Index :0 , Item offset : 0 Get Text Fail’

Hi,

The selector which you have configured for web element is not correct and that is why during play back system is not able to identify the web element. Send me the url and your use case steps so that I can suggest you a valid selector to identify the element.

Thank you for replying. There is a video in a course (AssistEdge RPA Community edition) on lex (link - https://lex.infosysapps.com/toc/lex_auth_0126200344059576322278) on creating a process in assistedge studio and i was trying to do the same. I am doing exactly same with google chrome instead of internet explorer. You can check the video on the mentioned link.

Hi,

Put some delay, post you click on search button so that next page is loaded. Also, use interaction get attribute > innerText to get the temperature.
This should work and resolve your issue

Even after using Get attribute its not working. “Put some delay, post you click on search button so that next page is loaded” I don’t get this, how to do this.

Hi,

Search for Delay activity and add it post button click. Give the time till it takes to load the result page. Unless the page with required element do not come, the value will not be fetched

Hi,
I have switched to internet explorer and now it is working for the first input(first cycle), after that its throwing error- Click - Google2.btnK Element not found using configured criteria - FindBy : name & LookUp : btnK for fields : Google2.btnK Click Fail.

Hi,

If you are running process in loop then you will have to return back to same screen as a last step otherwise automation will fail since it will not be able to locate element for first step.