Web application Process (Selecting control behavior) not working

Hello,

I am trying to automate the process of browsing through web application and download the data at the end of the process.

However my flow stops where I have to do state selection.

Please find the screenshot attached.

Error message:
Activity (Select By Text) error: “Alabama” is not a valid option.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Hi,

Select By Text interaction can be used where in the UI control in HTML document have inner Text defined for each of the value option in drop down or list. It will not work in case of dynamically generated list or dropdown

You can correct your automation in following manner

Re-validate your UI element selector and using manual configuration approach try changing the selector using the options available and see which one works for you
You can use Java Script executor activity to select the value
You can also use Image based automation.

Thank You! Amit,

I used Java script editor to get the values, it is working.

Please let me know how I can use Image based automation. I am not able to drag and drop “Image control”, not sure how to use it.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Hi,

Great that you are able to achieve your use case using JavaScript Executor activity.

For image based automation

There are 2 activities available in Image based automation for capturing an image and performing an action on the same and reading or extracting text data from a text based image.

1. Image Control –
    Image control helps captures the image on the screen in focus and looks for the image as part of the process automation.
  2. Text Extractor –
    Used to extract text from an Image from application screen.
    User drags the Text Extractor activity on the process canvas. Similar to Control Image Activity, user can capture a image using capture image button.

You can explore further and let us know in case you face any issue.

Is it possible to capture the text from the image based automation. I have a page that comes our and not sure how to extract the text from there. How can I jump from image automation to web scrapping method here? Mine is a web application and accessed via citrix. Since you suggested ( in one of my previous query) I used image based automation to move forward in the application and now in a state where I need to read the text from the web page. Please help

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to capture text using multiple OCR engines provided by the tool. Accuracy will depend upon image quality and engine used.

Text Extractor –
Used to extract text from an Image from application screen.
User drags the Text Extractor activity on the process canvas. Similar to Control Image Activity, user can capture a image using capture image button.

Regards,
Amit