Finding offset or relative elements on web page

I want to click the ‘Delete’ link in the row that contains “Pirelli Compound 2 F1 RacingSlick” in the below HTML:

<tr>...</tr>
<tr>
	<td>
		Wheels &amp; Tires
	</td>
	<td>
		<span title="Pirelli Compound 2 F1 Racing Slick" style="">
			Pirelli Compound 2 F1 Rac
			<text>...</text>
		</span>
	</td>
	<td>
		$200.00
	</td>
	<td>
		<a href="/Admin/StoreManager/Edit?id=47">Edit</a> |
		<a href="/Admin/StoreManager/Details?id=47">Details</a> |
		<a href="/Admin/StoreManager/RemoveProduct?id=47">Delete</a>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>...</tr>

Thanks.

rabbit

Hi,

If it is a static page content then you can do it via web scrapping method

Hi Amit. Thanks for the input. It is a static page in the sense that once the table displays it will not change… until you refresh or reload. For example, clicking the delete element in the example I posted will take you to a page on which you confirm that you want to actually delete that record. After you click yes the page with the table re-displays and the table no longer contains the deleted row.

I’m not having any luck finding any coherent information on how to scrapp (or scrape) an HTML table. The table I’m trying to automate is on the Parts Unlimited sample/practice e-commerce site from Microsoft. In Studio it looks like:

To reinforce, what I need to do is to read the entire table, every column in every row. The User Guide is of no help whatsoever. Seems to me that this should not be difficult. In UiPath or Automation Anywhere it only takes one or two mouse clicks.

rabbit

Never mind, I’ve figured it out. It is in the Studio user guide. But I’ll argue that it’s not exactly easy.

rabbit

Thanks for your feedback. Will check on improving the usability part

Regards,
Amit

Hello,

How could you do this?
Could you share part of UG which describes the way out?

Shirish

Sorry, I don’t have access to the script I wrote anymore. I think the process is covered in the UG in the topic “Automating tables/Grids in Web Applications” on page 54.

ddk

Ok. I will go through the UG and try this out. Thanks anyway for the help.
Regards

Shirish