Error in installing assist edge on windows7 32bit after installing prerequisites software

Time: 24/12/02018 06:53:21 PM

Time: 24/12/02018 06:53:21 PM

Time: 24/12/02018 06:53:22 PM

Message: Error while installing AssistEdge RPA CE. Please check logs at C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1\AssistEdge_RPA_CE\PrerequisitesSoftwares\AE_CE_logs.log

Time: 24/12/02018 10:14:56 PM

Message: Error while installing AssistEdge RPA CE. Please check logs at C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1\AssistEdge_RPA_CE\PrerequisitesSoftwares\AE_CE_logs.log

Hi Chaitnya,

Can you please paste the content of file in order to investigate yout issue
C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1\AssistEdge_RPA_CE\PrerequisitesSoftwares\AE_CE_logs.log

I am not able to find the log file at the specified location

Can you please help me to get log file?

Hi,

I have copied path from your prev message. Check the file path. It should be there only.

Error while installing AssistEdge RPA CE. Please check logs at C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1\AssistEdge_RPA_CE\PrerequisitesSoftwares\AE_CE_logs.log

Hi,

Path where you have extracted community edition will have PrerequisitesSoftwares folder. Check the contents in this folder and see if you can find a .log file.
Also, check if WinSQL.vbs file is thr

I have WiRunSQL.vbs in that folder but cannot find the .log file. Now, how can I install the required software?

Hi,

Since logs files are not getting generated it appears that there is an issue with read write permission in C drive folder.

Follow these steps:

1. Open CMD in admin prompt
  2. Run command C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1 icacls /t /grant Everyone:(OI)(CI)F
  3. Post that try to reinstall the Community edition

I am not able to modify the drive with the given command.Now, how to get log files?

Hi,

Command is this:
icacls C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1 /t /grant Everyone:(OI)(CI)F

C:\Users\Ketan\Downloads\AssistEdge_RPA_CE1 is the folder path where you want to give access. Check path and then give command accordingly

I have tried the above mentioned command but the read-only attribute in the properties is still appeared ticked.
How to solve it?

Hi,

just unclick the check box and ry installing again and post the screenshot of error message log if any

I have tried it but check box get checked again automatically.

Hi,

That is fine. Are you able to install now and log file getting generated

Hi while trying to install AssistEdge I am facing same issue, tried granting permission using to icacls from “AssistEdge” path, also unchecked read-only (like in above users case, got reverted automatically).Even after that installation failed with same error.

Hi,

Check your OS version

Regards,
Amit