AE is not identifying internet explorer elements

Hello Team,

I am facing an issue where I need to login to a website which opens in internet explorer only ,when I tried configuring sign in process in web mode elements of a login page were not getting identified, then I tried windows mode in which I could select credential fields but when I do set up environment, it navigates to the website but throws an error message stating “ environment set up completed but failed to login”.
AE VERSION IS: 11.0.210

Regards,
Hareesh Navani

Hi,

The reason you are getting that message is your Sign in process has failed. You need to check which interaction has failed

Reason for AE not able to identify element:
Element you are confugring is not a web element
Site has some inbuilt security feature which prevent js execution on its HTML DOM

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi ,
To check on which interaction it is getting failed , first off all it is not typing credentials , also I have tried increasing the Studio Sign In time in config file “Automation Studio.exe” inside ACE folder, then gave a delay of 5 secs in between each step. It did not work.

for the second issue what would be the solution?
I wanted to give a try using java script , when I do inspect element and hover over elements it is not highlighting the targeted element.

regards,
Hareesh Navani

Hi,

The reason it is not able to type is that you have configured the UI element incorrectly and system is not able to identify which text box to type with properties confgiured.

If your web application is not highlighting element in browser developer console then you need to connect with web app dev team

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi anand,

I have selected each of the elements like below and given loginID and password as a variable , but still not working. kindly suggest me how to achieve it also if you have any document kindly share it with me.
Capture1

Hi,

When you configure properties of Login Text Box there will be check box Search By Control Order No… Check the same and then check if value is set in the text box