Web Automation Login Name, Password and PIN

Hi Team,

I want to login into an application which involves two-step authentication.

In the first step, I must provide my username and password; in the second step, I should provide my private PIN. This PIN is not an OTP but a PIN created within the application. This PIN can change whenever the user wants to change it.

I want to use the credential manager to secure my password and PIN. But I see the credential manager is accepting only two inputs i.e. username and password.

What should I do in this scenario?

With AssistEdge Enterprise 19.1 - You can add customize Vault with added fields.

For this scenario - You can use attended automation - Activity like Input Dialog or Message Box Pop-up when PIN required, while logging in to application.

Hi,

You should use Modern Authentication feature released as part of Release 19.0.

While configuring application you can select appropriate value from Modern Authentication dropdown ( TOTP in the scenario you cited)

Regards,
Amit

Agreed to @amit_anand15 - You can refer Knowledge base for more details on configuring Modern Authentication.

https://www.edgeverve.com/assistedge/knowledge-base/RPA19.1/Automation_Studio/Configuring-Automation-Processes/Auth_Types/OAuth/Prerequisites.htm?rhhlterm=modern%20authentication%20authenticator&rhsearch=Modern%20Authentication

Hi @amit_anand15 and @sumit.sagar

I have configured Web Application with Modern Authentication flow of TOTP.
Now I am getting the options to provide LoginID, Password and SecretKey in my SignIn process no argument of SecretKey is getting created automatically. How can I get the value entered for SecretKey in my automation process?

1 Like

Can somebody help me with this?

How can I get the value of SecretKey in my Automation Process?

I am providing the value for my PIN in the SecretKey field during Setup Environment.
Which argument should I create to get this value?

Kindly follow the below guide to get the pin by using the dynamic control.
[^AE-RPA-Engage-AutomationStudio-UserManual.pdf]
Configuration of Additional Controls
This section details how additional controls on a login screen of an application are configured as a part of Sign-In process creation.
When a new sign-in processis created, two arguments: “LoginId” and “Password” are created by default, which are used to set values
in the typical User Id and Password boxes on an application login screen.
Additional controls other than LoginId and Password are configured as dynamic controls in the sign in process.
Configure the dynamic controls using the following steps:

1. In the application opened for field configuration in the Studio tab, click on “Start Field Configuration” and selectthe “additional
    ©2021 EdgeVerve Systems Limited 756 External-Confidential
    AE-RPA/Engage-Automation Studio User Manual
    control” to be configured.
    The role drop-down is being configured in the below screenshot.
  2. Check the “Is Dynamic” checkbox under the “Field Properties” to mark it as an additional control.
  3. Choose the “Control type” to be configured for the selected controls. There are four types of controls.
    a. Combo box
    b. Textbox
    c. Radio button
    d. Checkbox
  4. If ComboBox is selected, configure the values to be shown in the dynamic drop-down control on Credential Manager in CT or
    the Sign In Manager in AssistEdge Engage. The Display Name configured for the field is used as a label for the control.
  5. If the textbox is selected, configure the default value to be shown in the textbox control.
    ©2021 EdgeVerve Systems Limited 757 External-Confidential
    AE-RPA/Engage-Automation Studio User Manual
  6. For radio button and checkbox, the default value is true/false. Based on the value, the radio button and checkbox is
    checked/unchecked.
  7. An argument is created for every configured dynamic control. Value of the argument is set in the configured control when the
    sign in process is executed.
    a. Test the Signin process using the “Setup Environment” option.
    b. Test Run is not enabled for the sign in processes.
  8. Close the “application” tab and double click on the “Application activity” to view the field.

Regards

Ahmad

Hi @ahmad.husain

I configured the elements as suggested by you. I can see the option of More Controls in Engage but not in CT.
Can you please confirm if you’re able to see the option of more controls in the Control Tower?

Hi Mantri, Dynamic control will be visible only in engage. If ComboBox is selected, configure the values to be shown in the dynamic drop-down control on Credential Manager in CT or
the Sign In Manager in AssistEdge Engage. The Display Name configured for the field is used as a label for the control.