Trying to run the Database app in Automation studio

automation-studio

Hello,

I have added Database application to the Studio and entered SQL Server details and used it in Application. When I clicked test run it was successful, however I got below error message at the bottom of the page:

Execute Database Query A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Fail

I have access to the SQL DB, does this error message mean Automation studio needs to have some type of network set up for connecting to the SQL DB.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Hi,

Studio do not need any special type of access to connect to sql server. If you are able to open ssms an d connect to your SQL server from the machine where you are running Studio then you should be able to connect.
I suggest checking your application details once more

Thank you! Anand, I am able to fix the connection string and it ran fine. Also exported result to the server.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Sharing screenshot after executing the query and exporting data:

Hi,

Yes, your configuration appears to be correct for exporting data. But do you have a H drive in your computer as shown in screen shot.

File path with mapped drive may not work.

Yes Anand, H drive is mapped to my computer. and it did export the output file to the location in H drive.

I have a question, If query is huge then is there a way to copy and paste the query to notepad or something and pass that notepad instead of typing the query in arguments?

Thanks,
Yogesh

Hi Yogesh,
Its great that it worked for you. Also, in case if you are sharing this process with some one it be better to provide a drive name which is common across user. Else that user will have to map the drive to some local folder first.

Regarding copy pasting the query after creating and selecting the argument you can click on value link which will open the Expression Editor as shown below. You can copy paste the value there and click Ok

Sure thank you! Anand, I will include full path from now on.

Thanks,
Yogesh