Trigger Process using API

I want to know how can I trigger a process using API response.

Hi,

Currently you can trigger a process :

1. Using time based trigger
  2. file Based trigger
  3. mail based trigger

If based on your API response you can place a file at some location or trigger an email then you will be able to execute a process

Regards,
Amit

1 Like

If I use Enterprise edition may I can do this?

Hi,

If you are using enterprise edition then you can trigger process via Rest API call

Regards,
Amit

1 Like

Can you share the steps for that. I would like to thank you if you can share any user guide that is relevent to load generators and triggering. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

For enterprise license you can raise support query with Product Support team.

Regards,
Amit

1 Like

@amit_anand15, With community edition, can’t I trigger a process using API activity for REST calls?

Hi,

The same is not possible as of now in Community edition

Thank you Amit.

So whatever I was trying as part of the query raised “API Activity for REST API automation” should be tried in Enterprise edition?

Can I use Standalone edition of AE for the same?

Please advise.

Regards,
Reshmi

You can use enterprise edition and use listener api to call a process

Regards,
Amit

Thanks Amit.

One last doubt to clear before I move to ED of AssistEdge. I could see in query “API Rest POST with parameters” raised in community forum saying the user has used community edition and used API activity for REST API automation and it worked for him.

Could you please clarify in what way community edition is incapable of triggering a process having API activity?

Regards,
Reshmi

Hi @amit_anand15,

I uninstalled community edition and installed Standalone edition of AE and ran the same test. I am successful in running the REST API without any error.

Thank you so much for the support.

I would like to clarify one more doubt on the same topic in passing parameters in API URL.

API : GET /api/endpoint/mac-address/005056b230d1 (where 005056b230d1 is the string parameter to be passed)
Host: cppm-trp-e313.eng.austtx.attwifi.com:443

When I provide “/api/endpoint/mac-address/005056b230d1” this as API in REST API Activity, it gives me an error saying “Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference”

How can I pass the parameters in the API URL? Even I tried creating an input string argument “mac_address” with value “005056b230d1” and tried to provide API like “/api/endpoint/mac-address/mac_address”. But no luck.

Request URL

https://cppm-trp-e313.eng.austtx.attwifi.com:443/api/endpoint/mac-address/005056b230d1

Header

Authorization : Bearer <access_token>
Content-Type : application/json

Response Body

{
“id”: 3001,
“mac_address”: “005056b230d1”,
“description”: “”,
“status”: “Unknown”,
“attributes”: {
“Compromised”: “false”
},
“_links”: {
“self”: {
“href”: “https://cppm-trp-e313.eng.austtx.attwifi.com/api/endpoint/3001”
}
}
}

Also, could you please advise how can I receive the above json output in a json output argument?

Regards,
Reshmi

It is possible to trigger a process having an API activity.

The point what i was saying that in community edition there is no API which can invoke an already created process in EVA bot

Thank you @amit_anand15 for the clarification.

Could you please guide me on how to pass parameter values in URL which I have explained with an example in my above query? Will be really helpful if you can advise me as I am blocked in running above Rest API.

Also, how can I declare a json output variable for receiving the json response?

Hi @amit_anand15,

Appreciate if you can clarify my above query.

Thanks,
Reshmi