Ticket Attachments

Hi ,

I am working on Service now tickets and for those each tickets there are certain no of attachments in them (number of attachments are sometimes 0 and sometimes even 6 or more not fixed). i need to download those attachments for each tickets. I am using an excel loop for excel file containing those tickets i need to download attachments for, but the configuration of clicking the download button is only working for the one for which it is configured. For example Excel file Task contains 5 tickets:

1. Ticket A
  2. Ticket B and so on till Ticket E.

i configured process for downloading single attachment from each ticket and i configured for Ticket A and then applied excel loop so that process can perform same function for other Tickets(B,C,D,E). But on observing the test run, it is only downloading attachment for Ticket A and when i checked with inspect element the source code for download button , Each tickets Attachment’s download button ID is unique. and that might be the reason i am guessing.

Can you please help me. how i can perform it.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi,

If the button id is dynamic then you will have to find a logic of deriving control id in each iteration of loop and use java script activity to click on the particular button

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on what is Control Id . Also if you can suggest a JavaScript activity .

Regards,
Vinay Sabhnani

Kind Regards,
Vinay Sabhnani

Hi Amit,

Please see the code below for download button found with inspect element and guide through what is control id. and what solution are you referring to and how to work that.

Kind Regards,
Vinay Sabhnani

Hi,

By control id i meant the web element attribute. A given web element can have multiple attribute depending upon HTML DOM structure.

You will have to write a java script code to execute your use case and use it inside Execute Java Script activity block

Regards,
Amit Anand