SearchFailed when executing Application Host Activity via EVA Bot

I’ve an Application Host Activity in my process which runs fine in Studio but fails when run via EVA Bot. It shows the following error -

11:45:27 AM : PROCESS_STEP : Application Host started
11:45:32 AM : PROCESS_STEP : Application Host failed
11:45:32 AM : PROCESS_STEP : XYZ automation completed
11:45:32 AM : AUTOMATION_COMPLETED : Automation execution is completed with status SearchFailed.

Hi,

Are you able to identify the reason of failure through EVA bot logs.

Regards,
Amit

No, it only says “Application host failed”.

Hi,

Application host activity is not able to find window using the criteria which you have given. Try putting some delay

Regards,
Amit

I have provided delays.
The process is running properly in Studio. But it fails when executed via EVA Bot.

Does it fail intermittently or always. How are you ensuring that window on which automation have to be performed is present

Regards,
Amit

It always fails while executing via EVA Bot.
There’s a button on the window. The button when clicked, launches the popup. EVA Bot is able to click on button, the popup appears in front of the screen but EVA bot is not able to perform further activity

Ok. try using Focus Window activity and bring the pop up in focus on which you are expecting EVA bot to perform UI interaction

Regards,
Amit

Ok, I will try this.

@amit_anand15, I tried Focus Window activity. EVA Bot is throwing error for Focus Window also.

Hi,

Then it means bot is not able to find the window using the criteria which you have given.

Hi Amit,
I asked someone about this issue. He asked me to Place the app dll in the eva bot directory. but I am not able to find app dll. Can you guide me through this?

Hi Isha,

App dll is not required to be put in EVA bit directory. What is the window title and using Focus window activity try to bring it in focus