Right Click on a URL and doing operation on the newly opened browser

Hi,
I’m looking for the interaction to capture right click on a browser and doing operation on the newly opened browser.
In the workflow I’ve used Open Context Menu for right click followed by Shift Click (have mentioned the target URL) but unable to open the new browser for carry out the following operations.
Please let me know if I’m missing anything.
Thanks,
Abhijit

Hi,

You just need to use shift click interaction on the link or button which opens a new window. There is no need to open context menu

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I’ve also tried using only Shift Click interaction on the link to open new window but it’s unable to right click and open new window. Please let me know if there is any other possible way.

Thank you.

Hi,

Shift click interaction is just click right click. What is the issue in step when shigt click is performed.
Is the link not clickable or the same is not found during run time

Regards,
Amit

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Using Shift click Assist Edge BoT
is now clicking right click. Thereafter performing Click action which is required to open new window. During runtime BoT is unable to open new window using Click action and proceed further. Please suggest if there is any other possible way.

@amit_anand15 i am trying to configure dropdown for a popup window. I used popup handler and tried configuring the dropdown with set text but that doesnt work. Also tried using execute javascript which also doesnt work. I am trying to populate the dropdown value from a excel using excel loop. Below is the java script i used.

$("#ddlCountry option:contains(UAE)").attr(‘selected’, ‘selected’);

Hi,

Another option is to use Execute java script activity or image based automation

Regards,
Amit Anand

Dear AssistEdge Team,

May I know further updates on the below query.

Thank you.

Regards,

Abhijit

Dear AssistEdge Team,

Thanks for your response. Will check this option and let you know.

Regards,

Abhijit

Dear AssistEdge Team,

I’ve focused on configuring the workflow using the below options and getting this results.

Using Image Control Activity:

Saved and browsed the local image (highlighted using the snipping tool) of the icon need to be clicked. AssistEdge BoT unable to click
on it without throwing any error msg.

Execute java script Activity:

Saved the element (dynamic) details in Execute java script Script Editor but AssistEdge BoT unable to click on it without throwing any
error msg.

Please let me know if any changes other possibilities can be tried out.

Regards,

Abhijit

Hi,

Is your Java script code working from browser console.

Also, check the image that you have configured. Application should be in focus . Also, you can try increasing error tolerance if the image is not found

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

For javascript code it’s working on window zero but unable to click on window1 UI which is a dynamic field. Can you please let me know
if there are any possible way to capture dynamic field on Assist Edge.

For the image control activity since it’s not throwing any error so unable to identify if it’s clicking on the element or not. I’ll check
about increasing error tolerance and try if the image can be found out.

Please let me know if any changes other possibilities can be tried out.

Regards,

Abhijit

Hi,

In Java script activity there is option to change window number

Regards,
Amit

Hi,

Yeah, right. Can you please let me know if there are any option to capture dynamic field on Assist Edge using execute javascript activity.

Regards,

Abhijit

Hi,

I’ve used Control Image activity to click on the dynamic field (by browsing local image with highlighted dynamic field). Though the BoT
is running successfully but unable to click on the dynamic field.

While using javascript activity on the dynamic field getting message like Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than
the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Activity Fail

Can you please let me know if there are any option to capture dynamic field on Assist Edge using execute javascript activity.

Regards,

Abhijit

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by dynamic field. Does the css selector of the field changes every time.

Regards,
Amit

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Dynamic field is like I need to right click on a URL and thereafter a dropdown will appear and I need to select one option from that dropdown.
Unable to exactly select that dropdown element details using F12 which is required for Javascript activity. Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Hi,

Please let me know if you got a chance to look into my below response.

Hi,

Use shift click interaction to open the new window. Post that configure the drop down field.

In Assist edge terminology a field is dynamic only if it does not have a defined css selector and its css or xpath changes every time

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I’ve tried the below options. Please let me know if I’m missing anything.