Read and bind excel data into out look mail in automation studio

Hi Team,

Can any one help me how to bind excel data into out look Email body using automation studio.

Thanks & Regards,
Veeresh M

1 Like

Hi,

You can create an argument say arg1. First capture data from excel and then using assign block assign to arg1.

Then map that argument in outlook activity.

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I am new to mapping argument to out look activity in automation studio. could you please send me a screen shot. No idea how to map argument to outlook activity. as of now I have done followed steps to achieve binding data into out look:

1. using excel loop activity read the data from excel
    2 after that, added assign block to it and created argument and trying to assign -here no idea of mapping excel data
    3 using outlook mail activity trying to trigger a mail

the steps did not work for me please help in

Thanks & Regards,
Veeresh M

Hi,

In the argument window create an argument. The same will appear in dropdown where body value cab be selected

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,

Thank you.

I am able to bind the excel data now, but in excel how many rows are there that many times mail triggering. I need all the row data should be in single mail thread.

below are the cases I am not aware ,Need your help on it.

1. how to fetch the data using multiple excel sheets using excel loop activity.in my case there are 5 excels I need to get the data from 5 excels based on column mapping and trigger in to a single mail with a table format. If it is possible using excel loop activity then please suggest how it could be.
  2. in one excel data is filtered, how can we fetch the data from excel using filter concept and trigger a mail.

Hi Amit,

Can you please help on this.

Hi,

Your excel loop will run depending upon how many rows have data.
Excel loop will read data from one excel only.
Filtering do not work in case of excel loop. Try using Advanced Loop > Excel if you want to use filters in your data

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

My requirement is read the certain columns data from multiple excel files and bind it in a outlook mail in the from of table. could you please help me how can do it

Thanks & Regards,
Veeresh M

Hi Amit,

How can I send the table as it is into the mail body.

Thanks & Regards,
Veeresh M

Hi,

You can send an HTML table in mail body

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I am reading the data from excel files and mapped those column values into Data table. Now the problem is I want to send those values in out look mail activity using assign block . in that assign block I am passing Data table data like as below

MailBody=Data.Item.rows.Tostring

here Data is the Data table name.

it is not working, Could you please suggest me how we can assign Data table to assign activity.

Thanks & Regards,
Veeresh M

Hi,

You will have to form a stringified html and assign it to an argument. You can then send the same in mail.

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

In the stringified HTML I will have to map the excel columns data . Now everything coming as in string form, can you please give an sample example. and that too using assign activity each row triggered separately in each different mail, I don’t it should happen all row information should be in same mail as in tabular format.
Kindly please help.

Thanks & Regards
Veeresh M

Hi Amit,

Could you please kindly help after reading excel columns data how we will trigger in single mail thread in tabular format.

using advanced loop we can get only 2 excels data,as per my requirement it could be for 5 excel files. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Veeresh M