Python Script Failed

Hi team,

I am facing issue while using a Python Script in AssistEdge. It shows the following error: -
The system can’t find the file specified.
I changed the location of Python Script (.py file) several times but it is showing same error.
Please help me through this.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Kindly check if python path is added in your env variable

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

I already set Environment Variable “PYTHON_PATH” and provided location of Python.exe as it’s value.

Hi,

Have you placed it under system variable or user variable.

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I have placed it under both System and User variable.

Hi,

It should work ideally. What is the version of python installed on your system

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I have installed Anaconda3 4.3.0.

Hi Amit,

That problem is resolved. I added the path in ‘Path’ variable also under system variable.
I am unable to provide input variable in the script. In the script, it is showing the error that variable is not declared. Can you please send me a sample Python Script (with Input) for reference.

Thanks & Regards,
Isha Bhatnagar

Hi,

What is your use case and what you want to do via python scripts

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi AMit,

I wanted to pass strings from excel to Python Script. So, I was using python script inside excel loop.

In it’s most simplistic way, we can declare an inargument or inoutargument which the excel activity can populate. Same inargument or inoutargument then can be used as input to the python script. Assumption here is that the python script knows how to handle the input and it is designed accordingly.

Further, are you trying to run a python script in every excel loop iteration ? I do not know your use case … will it not be better if we can run the script once the excel loop is complete … i.e. write the excel loop final output to an argument then pass the same to python script ?

HTH,
Raghavan

Hi raghavan,
I was trying to run python script in each excel iteration.
I changed my logic - I ran the script outside excel loop. It worked.
Thanks