Print Screen activity need focus

Hello Everyone,

Activities like Print Screen, KeyEvents , Edge with IE compatibility launch need focus on window. We could not disconnect/minimize system if automation is going on with these activities.

As we have one workaround for these i.e. TSCON command(this will make the user session active even if we are disconnecting the remote desktop machine)

Instead of TSCON, Is there any other alternative to keep window in focus and keep user session active??? so that activities like PrintScreen,Key Events will work even if we minimize window.???

Best Regards,
Dushyanth.

HI @dushyanth

Can you please further explain your issue?
Are you trying to run automation in a remote machine?

Yes @Mantri, trying to run automation in a remote machine only.

Instead of TSCON, Is there any other alternative to keep window in focus and keep user session active??? so that activities like PrintScreen,Key Events will work even if we minimize window.???

Best Regards,
Dushyanth.

Are you using Community Version or Enterprise Version of AssistEdge?

@Mantri AE version 19.1

Best Regards,
Dushyanth.

@dushyanth - you can bots using Proctor - Proctor can keep the user session active and window in focus - in IE/Edge compatibility in Unattended Mode in User Machines.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumit Sagar

@sumit.sagar
Scenario:
When we close a Remote Desktop session on a remote computer, it locks out the computer, displaying the logon screen. In the locked mode, the user session on the computer does not have GUI, and any GUI tests on that computer fails.

In this scenario we can use TSCON utility, Instead of TSCON, as alternative bots using proctor will work here for this requirement?

Kindly confirm.

Best Regards,
Dushyanth.

Hi @dushyanth

I tried replicating the scenario.
I am facing the same issue as pointed out by you.

I don’t think even proctor can help here.

TSCON utility for modifying the registry seems to be the only solution

Running UI automation with RDP session disconnected

Thank you @Mantri , @sumit.sagar

Are you using ROBOT to run ?

For BOTs
In case of remote desktop. use 2 vm and connect.
We have to keep PowerPoint in presentation mode in both vms and. do one registry setting keep remote desktop suppress when minimized
in both vm this will not lock the remote machines