PDF Template Creator

when I use the pdf template creator (and I am following instructions from youtube video and guidance from manual) my extractions are not finding the words to extract. since I am sure I am following your video (did it with our onshore Infosys guy) I am at loss as to how to make it work or what component is failing.

Hi Brett,

Please refer AssistEdge-CE-AutomationStudioUserGuide Pg 62 for PDF automation. You have to first create a reference and then do a field selection

Let me know exactly where you are facing issue

Regards,
Amit

Amit – these tried and failed before I went to YouTube video.

I tried absolute reference and draw a rectangle and search-string.

I get no errors in logs.

[mailto:assistedge@discoursemail.com]

Hi,

Is it possible to share your pdf from which you are trying to extract value.

Regards,
Amit

Data Classification: [-Restricted-]

I sent three emails yesterday with PDFs and screenshots

B works

Crc does not

(Attachment b.pdf is missing)

(Attachment CRC_New_User_Form.pdf is missing)

Hi Brett,

Kindly email to Amit_Anand15@edgeverve.com

Hi Brett,

Crc pdf is actually a PDF form. As of now search automation will not work on PDF forms.

Regards,
Amit

Data Classification: [-Sensitive-]

TY for the info. I did not (still don’t) see the disclaimer for this in the documentation.

I will pass it along to the analyst

Hi,

As an alternate approach try using Image based automation

Regards,
Amit

Same thing happened for me also. I tried with a different PDF file and it worked.

Also, how to use the same template for multiple similar PDF files? I need to know how the sequence will look like.

TIA

Hi,

You can take file path name as a variable and pass it via excel loop if you want to process multiple similar file. Template will remain constant

Regards,
Amit

I want to fetch similar data from 4 PDF files. How to configure the same?

Use Excel loop and define file path in selected excel. Inside the excel loop use your pdf extractor Give the file path argument from excel loop to the pdf extractor activity.

Regards,
Amit

Can you please tell how to provide the argument in pdf extractor? what should be the VB expression for this?

Hi,

Please read the product manual utorial / tand let me know if you face difficulty in any specific steps.

Regards,
Amit

Amit,

I am not able to provide the PDF location in the PDF extractor. Generally on clicking on it, it opens a file browser window. But, i need to provide the values mentioned in the excel file where i have provided the pdf file paths.

You can replace the hardcoded path post your process creation with a argument which hold the file path

Regards,
Amit

Thanks, its working now.

But, its working only for the 1st row from the excel. how to iterate thru all the rows? i have used the same in excel loop itself.
The values are getting replaced

I am getting the below error -

The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800706BE)

It iterates on its own depending upon the number of rows defined. GO through tutorial as to how to use an excel loop

Regards,
Amit