Not able to Write to .csv file

Hi Team,

I have a use-case in which I have to fetch a record from Excel and write that record to .csv file. The process is able to fetch the desired record from excel but it doesn’t write the data into .csv file. Please guide me through this

Hi Isha,

Which activity have you used to write in csv file

Hi Isha, use Import datatable option to import the Excel data into a datatable. Then use Export datatable and give the export filepath as csv.

I used Excel activity only.
Its resolved now. I Excel activity to write to Excel file and then convert that file into .csv

Thank you. I used different approach

Hi Isha,

I’m new to AssistEdge and I’m trying to achieve the same result as you did. I’m trying to read records from one excel file and write into another excel file, records which satisfy a condition, more precisely, two columns of all the rows which satisfy a condition. I basically created a nested excel loop, one to read the base excel file and another loop inside to write to a different excel file. But I’m getting an error as “Index was outside the bounds of the array”. I removed the nested approach and tried it individually which again gave the same error. Is this approach right?

Can you please explain how you did it, like each activity you used.

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Stevin

Hi,

You need to use Nested Excel loop.
May be your Excel loop caught into infinite loop. You can try the following :-
Inside Excel loop, give the condition -
if String.isNullorEmpty(Column_name)
then --> blank
Else --> Your condition (if true :- 2nd Excel loop)

Please try this and let me know the result.

Hi Isha,

Thanks for the quick reply.
The error which I mentioned is not showing anymore but a new one is being displayed as “Invalid index…” as in the image.

EDIT: I reassigned the excel sheets and tested it again, it is showing the error of “Index was outside the bounds of the array” again…