Need Clarification in PDF Extraction

I want to fetch values from excel and find whether that word is present in PDF or not. I am reading the values from excel using excel loop and storing it one variable. For PDF Extractor, I am giving the PDF to be searched .But, when creating template, we are asked to provide the search string as a whole. Don’t we have option to pass the variable(which holds the value) to the search string? And another doubt is what is the output that we get from PDF Extractor?

Hi,

Search String serve as reference string for the value that you want to scrap from the PDF. That cannot be parametrized.
Using reference string you can configure either a table or any text appearing on pdf ( fusing one/two/three corner method ) which will be your output

Regards,
Amit

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Can you please suggest if there is any way to read values from the excel and search if that value exist in the PDF file.

Hi,

This feature is not provided out of box as of now in the product. You will have to write a microbot to achieve your use case

Regards,
Amit

Hello Amit,

I have extracted the data from pdf using pdf template creator and saved it some variable.
and on comparing it with same string value using if else it is going to else section.
can you help me with this?

Thanks
Tushar

@tushar

Can you share some screens of the output and IF section

This helps in understanding the issue

Thanks

Hi,

In the if block write. If the match happens it will go to if block. You can also, debug your process and see value at runtime to check the execution flow

arg1.equals("<string_to_compare>")

arrg1 is argument name

Regards,
Amit

Hello,
It worked. Pdf extraction is extracting some extra spaces also.
Thanks for your support.