Multiple Windows with identical titles

When I do a focus - which window will it pick? Generally I want the MOST new one as the first spawns the second… but I have an issue where every few runs it suddenly does not find the right control…

Hi Brett,

It will compare it with the window title condition which you have provided. It will bring the first matching window in focus

Regards,
Amit

Both titles are identical as – png indicated.

[mailto:assistedge@discoursemail.com]

Hi Brett,

In case of identical window title it will be difficult to predict which window system will pick for automation

Regards,
Amit

The text and size are totally different – but since it is pop up I am having difficulty

Thoughts on how to proceed?

Hi,

Does the pop up comes on a button or link click. Is it not possible to ensure that at a time only 1 pop with specific title is present and once automation is done on same then you close the pop up

Image based automation or pop up handler approach will require unique window title to perform automation

Regards,
Amit

Button

I used an ExecuteJS block to change the title of the 1st window before I click the button the issues same window-title popup

Waiting now for condition to recur (forcing the issue in test seemed to work)

Does the focus palette tool use document.title or window.name?
does the application host option use the same?
what would cause a focus palette command to not bring the window forward?

Hi,

For web application it uses document.title. Application host provides you option to connect to Java / Windows and Oracle EBS apps. There it uses window title

Regards,
Amit

Appl host use doc.title? or win.name?

I do not see win.title…

I have a modal window that pops up and it doesn’t always gain focus in your app…

What would keep it from being the top window?

Hi,

If you use spy++ then you will will be able to find window name for each win exe application

Regards,
Amit

Web modal window can be handled using web scrapping