License Issue - Authentication Failed

On my laptop, when I do a getmac, i get the below details. I gave A0-8C-FD-A2-A7-0E for license. When I try to upload the license file, I get an error “Authentication Failed. Please contact your administrator”. Could you please help resolve.

Physical Address Transport Name
=================== ==========================================================
A0-8C-FD-A2-A7-0E \Device\Tcpip_{59621154-E77C-4B3F-8F3C-0B5FAD1D198B}
48-45-20-EC-3D-3F Media disconnected
48-45-20-EC-3D-43 Media disconnected
54-7A-FB-03-19-08 Media disconnected

Hi,

Did you give correct user name while creating license in format Domain\username.

Regards,
Amit

Yes. gave as per cmd promt itlinfosys\venkatesh_m

Hi,

Check the logs generated at <Installation Directory>\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\Workflow\Logs and paste the error that you observe

ExceptionSource - EntityFramework
ExceptionTarget - Void Open()
StackTrace - System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Connect(NpgsqlTimeout timeout)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.d__148.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.d__145.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Npgsql.ConnectorPool.d__24.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ValueTaskAwaiter1.GetResult() at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.<Open>d__28.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Open() at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DefaultExecutionStrategy.Execute(Action operation) at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open() at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.EnsureConnection() at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteInTransaction[T](Func1 func, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction, Boolean releaseConnectionOnSuccess)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery1.<>c__DisplayClassb.<GetResults>b__9() at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DefaultExecutionStrategy.Execute[TResult](Func1 operation)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery1.GetResults(Nullable1 forMergeOption)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery1.<System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator>b__0() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue() at System.Lazy1.get_Value()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyEnumerator1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.b__1[TResult](IEnumerable1 sequence) at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable1 query, Expression queryRoot)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression)
at System.Linq.Queryable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)
at EntityDataAccessLayer.SE.DAL.GetUserRoleName(String userName)
at WorkFlowDataService.Helpers.UserManagement.AuthenticateUser(AuthenticateUserRequest request) userid~ITLINFOSYS\Venkatesh_M

Hi,

From logs it appears that db is not initializing on your machine and is unable to connect to workflow service.

Request to kindly restart your machine once
Launch Community edition and wait for at least 2 minutes
Then upload license.

Regards,
Amit

Thanks Amit. It is working now. I did restart the machine earlier but not sure, why it didnt work. May be I was not waiting for 2 mins.

Glad that you are able to launch now. Some time due to system sluggishness it has been observed that required services takes some to initialize before user can work upon.

1 Like