Issue while configuring web application

hi team,

Facing an issue while configuring a web application, I am supposed to click on a certain icon and it will open another tab and I have to configure that tab. But in action drop down I am not finding shift click.

how should i do this? Please help.

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

What are the option that you are able to find

Regards,
Amit

hi Amit,

I can find control exists, click, get attribute, mouse over, set attribute, send keys, scroll by, scroll into view in the action drop down.

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

If the icon is of Web Element type image you will not get Shift Click interaction in it.
Try if click solves your purpose and let me know

Regards,
Amit

hi Amit,

I am supposed to configure that webpage, so with click I could not configure it.
is there any alternative way to configure?

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

Does the web page require authentication. Is it possible to open the new window url directly

Regards,
Amit

hi Amit,

first I will login into webpage, after that I should click on a particular icon then it directs to the webpage which I need to configure upon shift click.

I don’t think it can be opened directly.

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

Ok. Can you please post screen of properties window which gets captured on clicking the icon

Regards,
Amit Anand

hi Amit,

PFB Snapshot, automating this on IE

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

I am talking about the properties window in Automation Studio which comes when we scrap the ui element

Regards,
Amit Anand

hi Amit,

PFA the Snapshot

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

Actually i wanted to see the value of Control Type and Control Tag properties which is hidden in your screen shot due to value from Action dropdown.

Can you post an updated screen shot with value in Control Type and Tag properties visible

Regards,
Amit Anand

hi Amit,

PFA snapshot.

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

Navigate to Installartion directory\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\ACE\Plugins\WatIn folder\WatinControlMapping.xml
Open xml file
Search for Div
Add line
<Interaction className="ShiftClickInteraction" displayName="Shift Click"/>
under
<Control ControlTag="div" ControlType="" ElementType="Div" >

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

thanks for the suggestions, I was able to configure but when I run the process getting an error as browser not attached to the window. what is meant by that?
I have used navigateto in one of the steps o directly navigate to particular url.

pfa snapshot of the error

thanks,
Pooja

Hi,

I believe your issue with respect to shift click interaction not coming for div control is resolved. Please initiate a separate thread for your automation related issue

Regards,
Amit