Issue in configuring web appliaction

hi all
in web appliction, when i click on one particular option i will open a new window. so for that i used shift click. in that i want to perform some operation. when i perform the necessary operation and do test run i encountered the following error

please let me know why this error is occuring and how to resolve the same
please do reply fast
thanks
ilakkiya

Hi,

Check in your process configuration if you have configured shift click interaction correctly.There seems to be some issue with same since new window is not able to attach to driver instance

Regards,
Amit

hi amit
i have configured the shift click properly, but the thing is when the shift click is performed two tabs gets opened. even when it is done manually two tabs gets opened with the same window name. is there any possible way to configure one name with any properties like tab name etc.

thanks,
ilakkiya

hi- please help me with the above query

Hi,

If two tabs with same window are opening manually also, then can you please check with your dev team if that is a potential defect in your web application.

Regards,
Amit

hi amit
instead of using shift click i used java script activity for clicking the particular issue.
code:
document.querySelector(‘newDivRestore’).click()

but using this i cant able to click on pariticular icon but it is not showing any error , showing test run successful

pls do reply fast to the query

thanks and regards
ilakkiya.s

Hi,

Check your java script query in browser console and see if thate works.

Regards,
Amit Anand

hi amit
i used document.getElementById(‘txtUserName’).value=“testname” js query. But the thing is i want to pass the value dynamically . I want to pass the value which is stored in a argument. Is there any way to pass the value dynamically

Thanks and regards
ilakkiya

Hi,

Yes, while writing your js query in Java Sctip executor activity you can replace test name with an already created argument

Regards,
Amit

hi amit
i did the same but it is not working

Thanks and regards
ilakkiya

Hi,

post the java script that you have written

Regards,
Amit Anand

document.getElementById(‘txtUserName’).value= username
where username is argument