Is it possible to dynamically set the component id in EBS instance

Hi,

I am working on EBS instance in which I need to add specific value in lines but those lines are not fixed. Some records may have 2 line, some may have 4, 6 etc. as shown in below images.

As per my observation, values of dynamic ComponentId Creator has a difference of 24.
For example - If 1st line Component Id is - Receiving Corrections (DBC):VTextField:38:72 then 2nd line id will be - Receiving Corrections (DBC):VTextField:38:96.

Can we set this Id dynamically by just changing the last 2 digits.
Please help to provide the solution.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The same is possible. You can dynamically set the ids in oracle ebs automation

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,

How can I achieve the same?
I am trying to provide the value to Dynamic component creator through argument as shown below. QtyVar1 is the argument having some value-

But it is not providing the expected value.

HI,

Try replacing the entire text with an argument

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I tried to replace the entire text with argument but that is also not working.

I am trying to fetch the Qty column values. QtyVar1 is the argument. I have assigned it to 48 as 1st row of EBS has Component id - Receiving Corrections (DBC):VTextField:38:48. The 2nd line component id is - Receiving Corrections (DBC):VTextField:38:72. So each time am adding 24.
By using WriteLine activity, I have confirmed that, It is getting updated as well but still it is fetching the value of the same row which is having 48 value.

Below is the code and output. MaxDeliverQtyVar1 is the argument used for get text so its output should be 0, 0, 550, 0,100, 0. But it is only fetching 1st line value as 0.-

Hi,

Please help to suggest the solution.

Hi,

Where are you updating value of arguement configText. Value of configText argument should match with the id of UI element

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I am updating the value in the while loop.
By adding WriteLine activity, I have checked the value of configText argument, it is getting updated but it is not extracting the required value.

Hi,

Can you check for any component whether it accepts control id value via argument. We can check the loop part later in case it is working

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,

Yes. It is taking the value provided through argument.

Hi,

Ok. Then it means inside while loop either value of configText is not updated or UI element id is not equal to value of configText. You can use debug process feature and apply breakpoint at relevant interaction and look run time value in watch window

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

ConfigText value is getting updated and it is same as UI element and to check the same, I have used WriteLine inside while loop. But still process is taking old value which we have assign to argument before while loop.

Hi,

Try this approach. Assign value of config Text argument to some another string argument say TestVar and use {TestVar} in automation step.

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I tried your suggested solution, but still facing the same issue. Below is my workflow, Output Console, Instance screen shot

Workflow :

Output Console :

Instance Screen :

Configuration :

I tried all these methods but nothing is giving the expected output

Hi,

In your process at last before i = i + 1
add a Assign block
with var1 = “”

Also, is the id of field is Recieving Correction(DBV):VTextField:115:{SomeNumber}

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,

I have added the assign block, but still not getting the expected result.

The expected output is 150,0,50,0

Yes, Id of the field is Receiving Correction(DBV):VTextField:115:{SomeNumber}.
I tired to provide this number in the form of string as well as Int32 but still not getting expected output.

Hi,

As of now, as workaround can you configure text field individually.
I will check internally with this issue

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

Sure, will try to configure it individually but as number of rows/lines not fixed, it will be difficult to add logic.
Please let me know once you find the solution.
Thank you for the help.