Initialization error without any error message

Everything installed perfectly with no error messages, no stoppage of installations and installed all prerequisite software’s. When i finally open the studio showing this unclear error message.

HI,

In case the issue is persistent can you please check logs and paste it here so that your issue can be resolved.

you can find logs at
<InstallationDirectory>\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\ACE\Logs

There were no log files present there except for the licence folder containing in the licence.dat file. but there was this error in the workflow folder

Unused Port for DB: 5436
Updated port in connString of Service Config to 5436
Start DB using:C:\Users\91950\Documents\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\DBFiles\StartAEDB.bat
Started DB
Unused Port for Service: 9124
Started service on Port: 9124.
Updating Service URLs in config files to port: 9124
Successfully updated Service URLs in config files
DB Status validated on Attempt: 1
Error in starting StudioThe system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

Hi,

Your ACE folder should contain 285 items post installation along with Automation Studio.exe
In the screenshot that you have attached ACE folder is having only license folder. Installation has not happened correctly i gusess. Please uninstall and then reinstall community version in folder where you gave read / write access.

Regards,
Amit

Followed the steps uninstalled the software and installed it again now the folder shows 270 items, But when I launch the studio it is showing authentication error. please contact your administrator. since I have the licence .dat file how can I authenticate it. and here is the log message in the log file

instid~0 date~12/17/2018 time~09:22:34.937 level~Info priority~10 srcmodule~Utilities.Logging.Logging method~FlushLogs message~Initiating Log Flush description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

instid~0 date~17-12-2018 time~11.08.17.270 level~Info priority~1 srcmodule~Utilities.Logging method~Logging message~Loaded InstanceID from app.config. Value is : 0 description~NA

instid~0 date~17-12-2018 time~11.08.17.813 level~Info priority~1 srcmodule~Utilities.Logging method~Logging message~Loaded logIP from app.config. Value is : True description~NA ipaddress~192.168.0.71

instid~0 date~17-12-2018 time~11.08.17.813 level~Info priority~1 srcmodule~Utilities.Logging method~Logging message~Loaded logUserID from app.config. Value is : True description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

instid~0 date~17-12-2018 time~11.08.17.813 level~Info priority~1 srcmodule~Utilities.Loggnig method~Logging message~Loaded logErrorDetails from app.config. Value is : True description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

instid~0 date~17-12-2018 time~11.08.17.815 level~Info priority~1 srcmodule~Utitlities.Logging method~Logging message~Finished loading module - category mapping information. Mapping found for 103 modules description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

workspacekey~Default datetime~2018-12-17T23:08:18.783+05:30 level~Info priority~0 srcmodule~Utilities.Mutate.Device method~Device ctor message~Loading Default Cryptography Alorithm as cannot find custom algorithm description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

co_module~SE_ACE inst_key~0 trans_key~0 trans_id~ req_id~ cust_id~ crossref_id~ workspacekey~Default datetime~2018-12-17T23:08:18.783+05:30 level~Info priority~0 srcmodule~Utilities.Mutate.Device method~ctor message~Loading AES Cryptography Algorithm for RPA description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

co_module~SE_ACE inst_key~0 trans_key~0 trans_id~ req_id~ cust_id~ crossref_id~ workspacekey~Default datetime~2018-12-17T23:08:22.252+05:30 level~Error priority~0 srcmodule~IDE.App method~OnStartup errormessage~Object reference not set to an instance of an object. errordetails~ExceptionMessage - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

ExceptionSource - Automation Studio

ExceptionTarget - Void OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)

StackTrace - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at IDE.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

instid~0 date~12/17/2018 time~11:08:29.808 level~Info priority~10 srcmodule~Utilities.Logging.Logging method~FlushLogs message~Initiating Log Flush description~NA userid~PRASANTH\91950 ipaddress~192.168.0.71

Hi,

Is your user id PRASANTH\91950 Type whoami command in cmd prompt and reverify it. If not regenerate the license with correct user name as given by whoami command.

If this is correct then check logs in folder EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\Workflow and see if it is giving message DB is initializing. If system resources are heavily utilized some times it takes some time to initialize the db in first instance. Wait for 2 min and then launch Studio.

The Id with which i was registered was correct. Below down 'i am attaching log files if possible please go through them
when i checked status for data base it’s showing

C:\Users\91950\Documents\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\DBFiles>StartAEDB.bat 5432

waiting for server to start… done

server started

Press any key to continue . . .

C:\Users\91950\Documents\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\DBFiles>StatusAEDB.bat

Password:

psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

and i am unable to enter any password

(Attachment WorkFlowDataService.log is missing)

(Attachment AssistEdge_DB.log is missing)

Hi,

You don’t need to run command StartAEDB.bat 5432. Close all instance of Community edition and relaunch it again. Wait for it to launch on its own.

Share screen shot of what error you are getting. Also, I am assuming that you have uploaded the license.dat file on first launch.

Did all the mentioned steps this is the error that is showing when i try to open the studio

Hi,

In all probability your user id is not correct or you have generated incorrect license.

share screen shot of cmd with whoami command
Are the user with which you have installed Assist Edge and user who is trying to access Assist Edge same

I have only one user in this PC.

Hi,

If possible try to create a user starting with some alphabet characters for user name in your machine and then install Assist Edge for that user.
Meanwhile I will check for your specific error.

Created a new user and registered again and downloaded the software and installed it.Now its working perfectly.
The authentication might have failed due to username.

Great to hear that you are able to install and use the product