How do I create/get the license file for AssistEdge Community Edition ? Stuck with uploading license file. Please suggest

I am stuck with uploading the license file for AssistEdge Community Edition. How do I create/get the license file for AssistEdge Community Edition ? Please suggest.

And now, I am getting installation error while reinstalling. Please help me for both installation and licensing. AE error

Hi,

• Kindly uninstall any previous version.
  • Go to https://www.edgeverve.com/assistedge/community/
  • click on button to access Assist Edge community version.
  • Register in the portal and then post login click on button to install. A small exe will be downloaded.
  • Right click and check if the exe is not blocked. If yes click on unblock button.
  • Post that double click on exe to download and install community version. License will be generated at run time and you don’t need to upload license manhually. Kindly ensure that you have read write access on folder where you are installing community version

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

It doesn’t let me install. I am getting the same error even after unblocking it in properties. Please see attached. Please help.AE CE error

Hi,

I need to under stand where you are getting stuck.

1. Is the small exe getting downloaded on your machine
  2. If yes, are you able to unblock it
  3. Post unblocking, are you able to double click and download the build and is license acceptance screen shown to you.
  4. Are you able to accept and click on Next

Regards,
Amit Anand

While uninstalling the current version, getting the below error and the un-installation gets stopped-
Capture

Hi,
This is not a bug within AssistEdge installer but in .msi installers in general, where certain registry keys can become corrupted during an install or uninstall. To rectify this you may need to run the fix utility provided by microsoft from link given below-
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Regards,
Amit

As per the policy, such downloads are blocked.

After accepting and clicking on Next, the installation goes on till 65% every time and fails. That’s where the error comes up. I have attached the error in my previous post. The installation fails at 65% every time.

Please suggest how can I rectify it.

Please see the screenshots taken during installation.

Error1 - Installation in progress.
Error2 - Error occurred while installation.
Error3 - Installation failed.
Error4 - Logs.

Please help me in installing the product. Its urgent.

Error1 Error2 Error3

Hi,

Please try to install in a separate folder. Make sure user account have read write permission on same

Regards,
Amit

Hi,

Kindly download and install on open internet in a new separate folder

Regards,
Amit

Hi,

I tried all possible ways and folders/directories(C drive, D drive, desktop, etc) to install it but for no good. Please let me know if someone from your team can get it done for me through a screen sharing. As mentioned, this is really important and urgent for me.

Hi,

Logs clearly shows that Access is denied on the path where you are trying to install.e trying to
In the folder where you are trying to install give command:

icacls /t /grant Everyone:(OI)(CI)F

Replace folder path with your path.

Support is not provided for Community Edition on screen share.

Regards,
Amit

Dear Support Assistedge;

I am trying to download & install the Assistedge CE but, I am still getting the same issue as mentioned above. I have done all suggestion as per above mentioned. Please let me know if you any further update to resolve “installation stop at 65%”. Thanks, kuan

problem has been resolved.