Excel loop & Set Value

Hi Team,
I was working on web browser. Using Excel loop and saved the values on web page (Set value). It was working fine initially. But from two days the same logic isn’t working only the first value from excel is correctly saved and the rest values are takes as 0.
Excel values :
Web page where these are saved :
Excel values are saved under Start & End on the page.

Any suggestions on what could be issue?

Hi,

Check the variable mapping for Input source property

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,
yeah variable mapping is appropriate. Still issue exists.
Also tried out by hardcoding the value (10) , even then it is saving 0 on web page. Where can I check for the issue please?

Hi,

It means that value is not getting set correctly in the web page. Try re configuring that portion of automation and use run button in properties window to check if the configured selectors are correct and setting the desired value

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,
I re-checked as you said above. While test running the process also it it not picking the value from excel. Either 0 or in some cases some random value is printed. Where as when I use writeline activity it prints the exact value from excel sheet. I am observing issue only while using ‘Set Value’ on web page. Please suggest if there is a way I can show you the demonstration.

HI,

It means that web page is not allowing the value to be set during automation. Try using a Java Script activity to set value in the field

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,
I managed to populate Start & End values using JavaScript editor, but Effort isn’t being calculated on below page while working through AE. Whereas the same values when entered manually Effort is calculated automatically.

Could you please suggest if any thing is missing ?
TimeIt page URL : http://istimetst/TimeIt/Accounts/SuperLogin

Effort is the difference of Start & End timings.

Hi,

May be when you are selecting value manually an event change request is getting fired which calculates the value. When you are setting the value that event is not getting fired

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I am facing a similar issue with the same application (TimeIT, URL -http://isvtimewt01/TimeIt/), hence replying on this thread.

As mentioned above, since the ‘SetValue’ feature is not working I have used a javascript to set the desired value and proceed to save the page, but the auto-calculation of total hours is not happening.

You have mentioned that an even change request gets fired when done manually, is there a way I can trigger it in AE? How do I resolve this issue?

Hi,
Can you please check if post value is set by AE tool is there a keyboard press which can calculate the value.

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Amit,

I have already checked this option, it doesn’t seem to work in AE but when done manually it works. After setting value using javascript, I have used ‘Key Events’ for ‘Enter’ /‘Tab’ but it didn’t work.

Also, when I used tab key, the control flows to enter efforts for the next day of the week. Here i observed that the previously entered value (23:59) is shown as zero, but when u come back and click on it, it is visible.

HI,

It appears to be inherent selenium issue. Issue can reoccur in angular .js site also. See if somehow you can fire on change event on the web element using java script

Regards,
Amit Anand