Converting data to excel

hi all

i extracted the data from description field using Get value . but now i want seperate the names in the description field and save it into excel so that i can use that names . please guide me through this

Thanks and regards
ilakkiya

Hi,

If you have these values in arguments then you can create datatable and add these values in datatable rows, and then export the datatable into an Excel format.

For datatable, use CreateDatatable, AddRow, and Export Datatable.

Thanks,
Anshu

hi Anshu
Thanks for your reply.But i have all these values in a single argument. i want to seperate each name and then save it into excel. is there any way for doing that

thanks and regards
ilakkiya

You will have to apply your logic to split the values on the basis of space and save in individual arguments and then add to datatable.

hi
i tried to split to split the values and tried to strore in the array. but i was shown the below error. please guide me through this. And i was able to store in the array will i be able to iterate over the array.

Thanks,
ilakkiya

hi
please help me with the above query

Hi,

Can you please elaborate:

1. In which argument you have saved the string you want to split and what is separator to split
  2. Which argument you want to save the data and what have you defined its data type

Regards,
Amit

hi amit
“desc” is the argument where i saved the string. the seperator i used was “\n”
i want to store the splitted values in the argument “arr1” and datatype of “Arr1” is ‘array of atring’

Hi,

Correct expression will be

Arr1 = desc.ToString().Split("\n".ToCharArray)

Regards,
Amit Anand