Configuring Putty through windows application

Hi Team,

I am Configuring a process on Putty in AE and I need your help in resolving an issue:
Here in the above image:

1st arrow is pointing to command “ f jyeoled ” which stand for find user id -> ‘jyeoled’. And because there is already a user present with this user id, you can see in next line it same user id ‘jyeoled’ as output.

2nd arrow is pointing to command “ f sabhnvi ” which stand for find user id -> ‘jsabhnvi’. And because this user does not exist, you can see in next line is empty.
My task here is to identify if the user already exist or not. I configured the above enclosed (marked) area with the only available option “If Control Exist” . But it is giving true in both the cases (User present and not present).

Kindly help me out here in suggesting an alternative way to perform this task.

Kind Regards,

Vinay Sabhnani

Hi,

If ControlExists option is used to check if the required UI control exists on the screen or not

The image you have configured is not a UI control .When you are configuring the same it is considering putty application as a whole and hence returning true. For capturing putty out put you will have to do text extraction using Image Based Automation

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

Thanks amit will work on it.

Kind Regards,
Vinay Sabhnani

Hi Amit,

Every time i need to check for different users if they already exist or not!. Image extraction is not working here. Can you please suggest some alternative.

Kind Regards,
Vinay sabhnani

Which application from above can be used to properly configure command prompt or putty?.

Hi,

Putty application needs to be configured as Windows Application.

Also, in your use case image automation is the only way. Another possible workaround is to capture the out put from log file of putty

Regards,
Amit Anand