Community Studio getting closed during TEST run

Hi,

I have created a process with 2 Advanced loops and If statements for comparing one excel record into another excel.
The first excel file has 400 records, each record in first file is iterated over all the records in second excel (2500+) to find a match. When I tried using 400 records in first file and less than 200 in second file it is working as expected and giving the output.
But if I try to increase records in second file for any number above 200, the studio stops working and its GUI gets closed.
I tried increasing the timeout in the config file to max. minutes but still same issue.
Can anyone help me understand the issue.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards

Sachin.

In the …Workflow\logs, i can see the below log:

{“MachineName”:“YYYYYY”,“ProcessId”:“12940”,“ProcessName”:“C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\EdgeVerve Systems Limited\AssistEdge_CE\Workflow\AssistEdge RPA CE.exe”,“workspacekey”:“Default”,“datetime”:“2020-07-20T16:47:20.334+05:30”,“level”:“Warning”,“priority”:“0”,“srcmodule”:“WorkFlowDataService.ServiceSecurity.AuthenticationManager”,“method”:“BeforeCall”,“message”:"#EM18: Failed to access the headers in the incoming request.",“description”:“NA”,“userid”:“XXXXXX”,“ipaddress”:“192.168.56.1”,“LogType”:“Default”}

Hi,

Kindly check if you have configured headers for the excels correctly

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes the same file is used for testing lesser records (<200) and same file for more records (>200) with same headers in excel.

Regards
Sachin

Hi,

Can you please check if system resource utilization is optimum when you are running process for 2500+ rows.

If you are doing Linear search reading one value from excel and then comparing it across all values in another excel then you are running an algorithm with Algorithmic complexity O n^2 which can lead to resource crunch in large data set.
Try optimizing your search process to more efficient algorithm

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have only tried once using 400 records in first file & 2500+ records in second file.
Then I started with smaller set in both files. Till I have 400 records in first & 195 in second it is working fine and gets executed successfully in 3-4 minutes.
But keeping 400 as it is & making 250 in second file the issue raises.

During the whole process I have checked the resource utilization.
When Process Started CPU till issue arises the CPU utilization varies between 50 to 70% while memory utilization varies between 50 to 55 %.
Suddenly after 3-4 minutes the Task Manager shows the Running Process “Not Responding” but during this time the CPU & memory utilization is much less than above and in few seconds it gets closed.

Can you guide if there is any thumb rule of resource utilization while any process is running and the one which I am running is not too complicated.

Regards

Sachin

Hi,

There is no thumb rule as such. It can happen with any IDE in case of large data set and inefficient algorithm running. You can use perfmon to check your system and AutomationStudion.exe utilization. You may need to optimize how you are implementing your use case.

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi Sachin,
You can try using Nested Excel loop instead and increase the page value from 1000 to say 10000 or more

Make sure to increase the studio timeout time.
Hope this would work.