Assistedge 18.0, Excel, Mail, Web Application

Hi,
How do I automate an email web application which when receives an email, it opens that mail and automatically copies the data of that attachment (excel sheet) to another web application?

Hi,

You will have to use mail trigger to trigger the process. Use Read Mail activity to download attachment. Use excel recorder to read the excel and then use web configuration to paste data in another web page

Regards,
Amit Anand

Hi,
By read mail activity, did you mean the file operation of the Files section or the read email activity of the SMTP mail section?

Use “SMTPMail/Outlook Mail” activity as per you need and select E-Mail Module as Read E-Mail, which will download your emails at a particular location and generates an Excel with the email details followed by reading that Excel and capturing web application steps.

Once your process is ready and deployed then you can trigger it via EvaBot–Email trigger option where in you can trigger your process to run based on a specific email (eg. with a subject line) when received.

Hi,
How to fill the message id, download folder and source path? Also what protocol to select?

Hi,

Message Id - A separate folder with Message Id is created in the drive, and all contents of that mail along with the attachments are saved.

Source Folder - Accepts the folder name from Mailbox and the Destination location is the complete file path on the machine where the mail is intended to be stored.
Protocol - Select the (Pop3/IMAP) protocol used for this operation.
For the Pop3 protocol, the Source folder selection is hidden. Pop3 being the old protocol, by default it uses Inbox.

Thanks

Hi,
Which drive are you talking about?

whatever source path you selected accordingly the message is created at that location

Hi,
But I am unable to select any option for any of these columns mentioned above. Could you please elaborate?

Hi,
Could you please tell me again how to create a folder for the email contents through message id because I am unable to select anything from that activity.

Hi Rohan,

You will have to give a predefined folder path

Regards,
Amit Anand